multi color

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Looking Back

August 29, 2009 - My sister went home from Singapore, unexpectedly. She just sent a message to my other sister that she's already in Changgi airport, on her way to the Philippines. We were all surprised with the wonderful news as my sister has been in Singapore for two (2) years now. It was also her son's 13th birthday. It was really nice seeing her again.

There are 6 of us in the family, two of my siblings already in Singapore. We no longer all live in one roof as the three of us already have a family of our own. We have different priorities and we live far from each other. So it is very exciting for us whenever we have a get-together like this. But, less my eldest brother.

I visited our old house because my sister stayed there for a while . I saw our old pics and I can't help but reminisce every piece. The fun, the excitement, the laugh trips, the bloopers, the looks (I've got bugs bunny teeth then). Life was much simpler then. Our financial status back then was not that great as compared now. If I will remember correctly, we are the poorest family in my mother's clan. But we manage to keep our family tight and have a happy relationship. We enjoy simple things, even just sharing a half gallon of ice cream. We share interests and we support each other.

I remember the delicious home-cooked meal of my mother. While she's cooking she would sing old songs from her time. Sometimes I would accompany that with a guitar. Early in the morning, she would go to the market. She did not forget to buy fresh cow's milk that would go along with our breakfast perfectly.

But of course, it's not always sunny and rosy. A lot of family struggles came to us but it seems that it made us even stronger. There are arguments, yes. We had some misunderstandings, fights. But doors for forgiveness and understanding is always open.

Now, we are all matured persons and the bonding is much tighter. All the negative issues that we had before were all gone. We had a dinner and it was very fun. We are all like kids again, laughing so hard again, just like before. Only now, it's more fun together with our kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment